Sunday, November 2, 2008

They knew me


I drove passed along a huge farm this afternoon. I looked outside the window and noticed some farmers plowed their land. That reminded me the day when I once in a farm. This thought brought me to twenty years ago. I was there in the middle of a farm with my mother. She was a hard worker and did all the work. I felt uncomfortable to see her working by herself then I started to get my hoe.

I plowed the land enthusiastically, but it happened. I couldn't manage to stand after only several plows. I got fainted. My dear mother took me by her hand and called for help. Some neighbors came and gave my mother some help. They lied me near our hut and my mother stopped all her work. She packed our stuff and immediately took me home.

Listening to my mother's story, my father and the rest of the family laughed at me. They told me that I was not a farm lady. Hoe was not my tool but pen. Ever since my family never took me to the farm. They did all the work in the farm without me. At the second thought, I believed they're right, pen suited me most of my time.

No comments: