Friday, July 16, 2010

Stay Down

I was shocked to hear the scream 'stay down' and a rush of people running chasing somebody I couldn't see clearly. I was out from the exit door of a super market after my afternoon shopping. I stopped my step and retrieved a few steps back. Then, I tried to find where the voice came from. In a click, my eyes captured a man being strangled by two men on the ground. I looked at people around and tried to examine if that was safe enough to get closer because I had to pass them to get to the road where I was heading home.
I tried to see the parking cars if there were any police officers, and I could see none. I thought that must be not safe enough, yet. Then I looked at people crossing as they finished shopping too. I looked at the road and saw a motorcycle was standing in the middle of the road with none on it. I assumed that must have something to do with this short chaos I heard.
I didn't want to see that scene from a short distance so when I looked at more and more people passing, I walked fast to the end of the road. From a quite distance, I could see that the man that was strangled on the ground was wearing a motorcycle's costume with a backpack on his back, and a helmet on the ground. I thought he must be the rider of the motorcyle on the road. I didn't spend long on the scene as I didn't want to be involved for any circumstances on this strange scene. I heard enough of bad things happened on the road everyday from the news and went away was the best thing I could do. So I left and felt a little bit terrified. That was so real that it might be a crime or something that could harm other people's life.
What a day!

No comments: