Thursday, August 20, 2009

A frightening friendly man

I was at Coles yesterday that a man came towards me. I was standing, looking at the the chicken because I already ran out of meat. I compared the price and the expiry date. The man who seemed to be very friendly greeted me saying 'how're you?' I didn't know the man.

I simply said 'fine, thanks,' and looked back to the meat. I pretended not to look at him but I knew he was still there beside me looking at me. I was quite uncomfortable and looked at him. He said 'see you' to me and I just smiled. I wish I would not see him again. He passed and probably bought other stuff. He was not buying any meat at all. He just came to greet me.

After finishing my shopping, I stopped a while on a desk and made sure that I had put my purse on my bag. It was there and then I was ready to walk home. Suddenly the man came towards me again and greeted me. I was suspicious of what this man did, what was he? I pretended to be busy and taking my bags, ready to leave. He kept talking saying I shopped a lot. I smiled and said yes, he said something else and I just answered yes. Oh, I remembered the last one he asked me before he really left me. He said 'do you have family?' and I said 'yes.' I hope by saying that he would go away. It was great the man went away because I said yes. He finally said yeah, cooking for your family?

Thanks God that he went away after that, if not maybe I would be very much in trouble and still didn't prepare of what to do in that situation. How could I escape from that frightening friendly man.


No comments: