Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thank you Jill

Yesterday, I attended my class in the afternoon. Intentionally, I avoided meeting people in the morning because some parts of my lips I had to cover with white cold sore cream. It was just kind of embarassing.

I arrived early so that I could choose my chair where I could hide my face. What an undeniable thing that I just couldn't hide. My friends came and greeted me. They noticed the white cream on my lip and we began talking about it.

Some friends said they never got such cold sore but my Korean friend said she had it when she felt tired. So, she said that I was just too tired that it came up. I hardly believed it until my lecturer told me the same thing.

In a break session, I rushed to the toilet to look at my lip and clean it, and put some lip blouse because my lips were so dry. Out from the toilet, I met my lecturer and she talked to me. She asked me what I put on it and showed her the cream. She said it was good, and she told me that it was because I was too tired. She asked me what time I slept every night. She was quite shocked hearing that I went to bed late every night. She told me to get enough rest, good meal, and relax.

After the break, all students were in the classroom. I was chatting with my Iraqi friend who seemed so nice to me. We talked outside the classroom, in the corridor. I noticed him holding a paper and he told me that he was preparing for our next week exam. He showed me the paper and it was the test from the last semester. Between our talk, our lecturer, Jill came bringing four melons on her hand. She gave all the melons to me and told me to drink it with mixing some honey. She said it would help me recovering from the cold sore. She was really kind. Thank you Jill. I didn't have any idea where she got the melons, but she was really nice because she really cared for her students. Again, thank you Jill.

I hope I would get better soon and can have more time for myself for rest and relax.


No comments: